Thursday 28 October 2010

Morning tea fundraiser & new Stampendous stamps

Tuesday morning I spent a few hours at the Bundaberg Base hospital helping out the nurses in the Day Therapy Unit with the McGrath Foundation morning tea fundraiser that they had organised. I took along my folding table and they set me up in the foyer of the hospital where they were hoping for a lot of hungry & charitable people to participate. The table looked fantastic with pink paper and balloons and what we thought was quite a lot of food. Big thanks to Indulge coffee shop and Targo St Bakery for donating yummy food and to the ladies who baked.

We learnt two things that day. Next year double the food and make a specific sign that says a $2 donation per item. I had expected to be there until 11am but within an hour the table was wiped out so I'm sorry for the people who didn't get a break until 10am.

It always amazes me that people see a sign saying gold coin donation and think that putting a $1 coin into the jar entitles them to take 4 or 5 cakes. But on the flip side we had some people that just donated money or put in  $5.00 and had a slice.

Bigger and better next year.

Yesterday some new stamps from Stampendous arrived, sadly not all my order but hopefully it won't take long for the rest to appear. More Christmas stamps to keep you occupied. If you go to the
 "Look whats new" category in the Lorna Blue Studio website you can see the rest of them.


This card is in the Stampendous catalogue.



This card is in the Stampendous Catalogue.

No comments: