Monday 21 December 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

Christine and I had a busy day in Hinkler on Saturday and it's amazing how tired your feet can get when you're not used to standing on them all day.

On Sunday we went off to the shalom markets and did our fruit & vege shopping even though it was sprinkling rain (send us down a bit more) and then I decided that I would put up the Christmas tree and some other decorations. Yes I know it's a bit late but at least I got the week in. I have to say it does make a difference to how you feel....a bit more Christmassy.


Not many presents under it yet.



The moose at the front door. Not that they have anything to do with an Australian Christmas but what the heck.



An assorted group on the side table that Dad made for us. My favourite spot to put collections of things.

I made a Christmas cake a fortnight ago and we've cut it, mainly because I wasn't sure how it would be as it looked a little dry. Normally I use a  recipe with a lot of mixed spice and chocolate in it but this year I went back to Mum's recipe. The trouble was it's an old recipe (in pounds and ounces) and quite a few years ago I converted it to grams etc and wrote it on the bottom of the recipe. So when I was making it this time I looked at the converted measurements and I had written sugar - not brown sugar so it wasn't as dark as I remembered and my oven tends to run a little hot. Anyway it wasn't too bad and I've been adding a few splashes of port over the top of it and that's improved it.

1 comment:

Shandell said...

I love all your Christmas ornaments - so cute!!! Wishing you and Malcolm a merry Christmas! Looking forward to catching up with you in the new year!