Friday 11 May 2012

PCYC Craft Markets on this Sunday & using Chocolate Baroque stamps

A quick reminder that the PCYC craft markets are on this Sunday.

I know its Mothers Day but it's a great outing for Mum's. They get to have a wander and maybe even breakfast or a cuppa. You might even win the raffle (as long as you buy a ticket).

You know I've said how much I love the new Chocolate Baroque stamps (and that was before I had a chance to use them) just by looking at the designs, but now it's confirmed they really are a gorgeous stamp to use.

The quality is really good, they stamp very crisply and clean up easily.

Here's a few things I've done using the large butterfly from Patchwork Butterfly.

For this card I stamped the large butterfly in black Archival Ink onto glossy cardstock.
Then I coloured it in using Tombow markers and cut it out excluding the feelers.
I cut  out a 6x6 square card in black (make sure it fits into your envelope) and cut a piece of orange card a little smaller.
 I stamped the swirly design from the Patchwork Butterfly set repeatedly in malted milk onto the orange cardstock.
It was then attached to the black card and the butterfly glued on top of that.
I then carefully inked up just the feelers in black ink and restamped the butterfly.
 Because I wasn't happy with the impression (it was too light) I used a fine point marker to go over them. The reason why it didn't stamp clearly is that I was stamping onto textured cardstock and over the already coloured butterfly so the stamp wasn't flat against the cardstock. 
Then I added a rub-on saying and it's done.
This is a similar process but I've used Marvy Markers directly onto the glossy cardstock.
I also stamped the feelers first before I glued down the butterfly. I worked out where I wanted it to sit then made two little marks with a pencil where the wings where going to be and lined up my stamp from that.
Finished off with a rub-on and copper coloured line stickers along the pink cardstock. 


Again using the Archival Black Ink I stamped the butterfly onto a paper giftbag and also the Irish Blessing saying from the set onto a scalloped piece of card.
For these I used watercoloured pencils to add the colour.
Punched a hole in the scallop and attach with coloured cord. 

Another colour scheme.

And another.

If you want to see these stamps up close then come along to the markets on Sunday. We're open from 8am until 12pm and you'll find me in the hall.

And for all the Mothers out there....Have a very Happy Mothers Day.

No comments: