Sunday 7 November 2010

Girls Night In Fundraiser

We had a good day yesterday at the Home & Life EXPO and I'm sure the 100 people that were given a goody bag were very happy. I had a peek in one and they got chocolate and hair products and snack food and other goodies.

The event was organised by Citicoast Church and they did it as a fundraiser for Global Care which I have to admit until I signed up to attend I hadn't heard of. I guess that's a good thing because from what I understand it's a food bank where those who are struggling (it works on a referal system) can purchase food at cheaper prices to help them get through.

The organizers did a fantastic job and the volunteers were all so friendly and helpful, even to the point of delivering our coffee. Very fresh and yummy food was available and they had lucky shopper spots. As with any event it had a few things that can be reviewed, the timing needs to be changed I think as it was just after the Crush and on the same weekend as Bundy Thunder but overall I think it was a success.

Now on to the next fundraiser. Lorelle is organising a Girls Night In and as we all know this is in aid of cancer research. It will be a fun night as any of the previous attendees will tell you and the $15 tickets are available now from Scrap Addiction or directly from Lorelle on 0401192765.

No comments: