Thursday 4 November 2010

Funky Footwear

I'm a member of the Bundaberg Business Womens Network and we have a breakfast meeting on the 1st Tuesday of the month so naturally we always make it a little special in November to celebrate the Melbourne Cup.

Normally we have a "nicer" breakfast, a sweep and a competition for the best hat and the best outfit.

This year the committee decided to change the competition to The Funkiest Footwear. First prze for the best and another prize for the ugliest. Now I had been tossing things around in my head for a few weeks as to what I was going to do in the footwear department and as sometimes happens before you know it it's the night before the event and I still hadn't put anything together. So before dinner I went through my wardrobe and decided that a pair of silver slingbacks with a bit of bling on them would do. Sorted.

The next thing I know it's 8pm at night and I'm looking through cardstock when I come across a piece of pink glittered card and a matching green one and I'm thinking "I could run this through the bigshot" to make flowers and butterflies and attach them to some shoes. Off I go to the wardrobe to find a pair that could have something doen to them and I wouldn't particularly care if they got marked. I found a pair of navy slingbacks and decided that if I attached the flowers to bobby pins I could just slide them in around the edges. So thats what I did.

I had three sizes in the flowers, the two largest I punched out a snowflake to make the centre and then added brads while the smallest just had a gem added to it. The butterflies have pink gems attached to them and I stuck some ribbon to the back so I could tie them to the straps and front bar. Overall I think they came up pretty well.


1 comment:

Rachael B said...

They are gorgeous Helen. Did you win the funkiest shoes section?