Sunday 22 March 2009

Hearts











After playing around with the small heart brads I thought I would see what I could do with the larger black and white hearts I had.
The easiest one I did was simply to stamp a small design on to the white heart using black
Staz On ink. I used a clear polymer stamp and the result was OK but I'm going to have a try while using a firmer rubber stamp to see if it makes a difference.
Number 2 was done using the Adirondak Inks as in the previous post. This time I found it a little difficult to get a smooth coverage as the inks wanted to "ball up" on the slick white top. What I did in the end was apply some heat before and after each coat.
Number 3 and again my favourite was using the Opals in Macquarie and Eureka Gold. First I heated the brad then dipped it in Macquarie, shook off the excess and applied heat until it melts then dipped it again and applied heat. Once it melted I quickly took a few pinches of gold and sprinkled it on top. Depending on how hot it is the gold will simply dissolve or you may have to apply a little heat.

No comments: