Thursday 31 July 2008

A Funny Story

I've been away for a week down to the Sunshine Coast to do a few business related things and catch up with some friends and I have to tell you a story my friend Myrna told me. First of all Myrna is a lovely lady who is very young at heart, is always doing things for other people and I'm so happy to have her as a friend. She's also 70 yrs old (young). Just recently she was out with two of her daughters and one of the girls mother in-law shopping at Kawana Waters. They had finished and went to the car to head home. While the girls put the shopping in the boot Myrna was just standing waiting with her handbag held in hand just loosely by her side and the next thing you know a young guy ran past and grabbed it out of her hand. It took her a minute to realise what was going on as I think most of us would.

Now here's the funny part, once she realised she set off in chase after the guy - yelling "thief - he stole my bag - bastard - he's got my bag". When the two daughters realised they started after him as well yelling as as loud as they could. A man who had just gotten into his car heard them and got out to offer assistence. With that the young guy dropped the bag and kept running, Myrna's not sure if it was the sight of the 3 of them running after him yelling loudly or the gentleman who got out to help but she got her handbag back. It doesn't matter really. She did have a sore shoulder for a few days and it's made her a bit more wary when she goes out. I agree with her he is a bastard for doing that, imagine if she had been knocked to the ground.

I also had the opportunity to attend a market day at the Decorative Folk Artists of Qld Annual Paint In weekend. It was held down at the Crowne Plaza Caloundra and I met some lovely ladies who were having a fantastic time - the theme this year was Jungle so lots of vines and wild animals. I had a great day soaking up the atmosphere and got to sell some products as well.

No comments: