Thursday 5 April 2012

Toaster shopping

I was forced to go toaster shopping this week.

Well, technically not forced but if I wanted to have toast without having to turn on the stove griller then I had to go buy a new one.

Have you seen the huge array of toasters out there? No? You can get them with all sorts of features and wait for it ........in colours other than white or chrome.

Blue, red, orange, green and purple were a few that I saw.

You know you've been seduced by consumerism (is that how you spell it?) when you're standing there looking at a $169 toaster that you want not because it has anything else that the others haven't but because it's pretty. Oh....and you can buy the matching kettle. The good news is at least it takes four slices.

Did I buy it?

No, I held firm and went for a chrome one that has a crumpet setting. One side cooks hotter than the other. Cool huh? And it was $59 on sale.

Mind you, if we had a space to leave a nice blue one out on the bench and they offered me a discount it might have been a different story.

I wonder when the kettle is going to die?

No comments: