Tuesday 1 November 2011

Christmas Cards

If you're like me you've been watching the Christmas decorations go up in the shops and muttering under your breath "you've got to be kidding me...already".

However now it's the 1st of November and I've been receiving in christmas stamps etc I think a gremlin (or an elf) must have whispered in my ear because I found myself making christmas cards from the Darkroom Door Santa Photochips and it was easy and fun.


For this one I started with a green card base then cut a piece of red card a little smaller which I stamped with the Darkroom Door Star Background Stamp and Versamark Embossing Ink just to give a subtle 
 background. I then attached it to the green card with double sided tape.

Then I cut a piece of cream cardstock long enough to fit the Santa Photochip in the middle and punched out the star design either end (It's a Martha Stewart paper punch) before attaching the photochip to the cardstock with double sided tape and then attaching it onto the red card.

The words were cut from the Darkroom Door Dear Santa Wordstrip and attached with Mini Magic Mount.



This one is a similar idea except I left the red card blank and attached it to the green card.

I then punched the star design in the cream cardstock and inked it up around the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink using the Tim Holtz Blending Tool.


Then I attched the Dear Santa Photochip onto the cream card with double sided tape and stamped the Christmas greeting.

Then attach the cream card onto the red one and you're done.



3 comments:

Lelli said...

Love the cards, I must place another order with you.

Linda M said...

Lovely cards Helen, you are right - so much to do and so little time left for Christmas.....

shirley said...

Lovely Christmas cards. The star border looks great with the Darkroom Door Santa photos.