Wednesday 9 February 2011

Cute Canvas Owls

I just received in these cute canvas owls and couldn't wait to create something.

So here is what I've done so far.

Use a buff tag as a base, cut out some patterned paper in a smaller size and attach. Stamp your saying with embossing ink and emboss in red. Put the owl through a XYRON to make it into a sticker or use a good quality glue and attach. Put an eyelet in and add a string or ribbon.

Use a craft card as a base and choose 2 co-ordinating papers. I used a border punch to do the scalloped edges and then glued it to the card. Cut a thin strip of the green cardstock and place over the join. Dot along the green strip with a white pen and then go over that with diamond stickles. I had two green branches that I had saved from a previous project and I attached them and then the owl on top. Stamp your saying. Punch out 3 small hearts and attach, then put a clear gem in the middle.

Again a craft card as a base. I started off with cream cardstock and I wanted a watermark swirl pattern in the background so I stamped the Darkroom Door Flourish stamp in embossing ink. I then stamped the branch in green pigment ink and embossed it in clear embossing powder.
Now evidently I didn't leave the background long enough to dry because when I went to sprinkle the embossing powder over the branch it clung to the flourishs as well so I just put it over all of the card and heated it.
Again I put the owl through the XYRON and stuck him on top of the branch. I used rub-ons for the owl and stamped the saying underneath.
Because I was stamping on top of an embossed pattern it lost a bit of the F so I decided I would use a marker to finish it off and I don't like the outcome so I'll probably go back and stamp the saying on a new piece of cardstock and then mount it with some of the green cardstock and attach it over the top of the words.
Mount it on some dark green cardstock and attach to the card.

Again a craft card and co-ordinating papers mounted on dark brown cardstock. A velvet ribbon along the join line. Stamp and emboss your saying. Attach your owl on top.

1 comment:

Shandell said...

I saw these cute little owls in your shop :) Love the different ideas you have created with them!