Friday 25 February 2011

ATC swap

We're doing something a little different for this JAV atc swap coming up. Normally a theme is announced and you put your name down for it and you send to the person who lists after you.

This time we've got until the end of March to make as many atc's as we want, in any style and they will be listed on the JAV blog and on a certain day you have to go in and ask for the atc that you want and if that person is willing to swap you for it. It's called a frenzy.

These are a few that I've made so far.


For these two I started out by using an A4 piece of white cardstock and using 3 colours in the Tim Holtz Distress Inks (pink, blue & green) and the Ink Blending Tool smooched them around until I was happy. Then I put a little Perfect Pearls into a Mini Mister with water and spritzed the page to blend it a bit more and give it a lustre. Once that was dry I cut out my ATC sized cards.

Using one of the original Distress Inks I then stamped the circular background using a Stampendous Stamp.

Then I cut out the ladies from a piece of patchwork fabric that was designed for the cancer survivors and attached them using a xyron for the dessert lady and the Zig 2Way Glue Pen for the other. Both worked perfectly.

I tapped some of the Distress Inks onto the Craft Sheet and added a little water with a paint brush and coloured in some of the circles.

I used a Marvy Marker to write the words, added some bling and coated the lips, shoes and middle of the bow with Glossy Accents.

For the fairy ATC's I the Fairyland Fairy Stamp and a flower stamp.

The flower I used Marvy Markers on as well as the background and the words.

The edges were done with a gold leaf pen.

These flowers are from the Darkroom Door Friendship Flowers set.

I used the Black & White Butterfly Rub-ons for the flowers and coloured them with Marvy Markers.

2 comments:

Lelli said...

I love these beautiful ATC.

Don't forget your friends like them too. **Hint Hint**

ann said...

The fairy collection is so sweet.!!!