Saturday 11 September 2010

When buying a card is a good thing

Ok I confess.....this year I bought Fathers Day cards. There, I've said it. No need to comment I felt guilty enough as it was. We really do make a rod for our own backs sometimes don't we?

Now.....you notice I've used past tense, as in felt, because now I'm really happy that I did because I won the Hallmark competition at the newsagent. A message was left on the answering machine that I had won and to come down and collect my prize. I have to admit I really didn't even look at the prize when I filled in the form, much too shameful to be buying cards let alone hanging around filling in competition forms. So I was expecting something small when out from the office they carried a largeish box and handed it over.

Is this for me? Yes. Inside is a MP3 player, headphones and docking station. How cool is that? No I don't have one but now I can be one of those people out walking with ear phones. Of course that means I have to figure out how to use it.

Teenager to the rescue.....I've been told by my godson that he'll come around and help me set it up and show me how to use it as he had to do his mothers when she got one. Gotta love em don't ya?


My prize.

2 comments:

Shandell said...

Congrats on winning such a fabulous prize!!

Lelli said...

Wahoo who is a lucky ducky. I can just see you walking down the street bopping out to your favourite songs.
LOL
Lorelle