Friday 25 June 2010

Darkroom Door workshop

Time just goes so fast doesn't it? Sorry for not being very consistent with blogging lately. I thought I would show you the decorated envelope I made to go with one of the cards from the last post, I think you can guess which one it goes with.


I've also missed a couple of the months off the calender I was sharing with you.





I guess you want to know how the workshop with Rachel from Darkroom Door went. It was a fantastic day. I only wish more wholesalers would make the effort, they would definitely benefit as well as their retailers.

We started out the day by getting a canvas and 9 pieces of chipboard which we then painted with the new range of paints they are bringing in from Germany. It was fun but I was more interested in the stamps and paper products. Rachel gave us 18 large size tags and 18 stickers with a technique printed on each of them. We only managed to get through 16 but we were given a big goody bag to use on the day and take home the rest so I'll finish them off shortly. I've read about a few of the techniques that she does but never tried them so I was really happy to be able to watch and "copy" certain things. Of course everyone has their own way and we were free to use whatever colours we wanted so the tags all turned out different.



2 comments:

Shandell said...

Glad to hear you have a wonderful time. Will have to catch up so I can have a chat and a closer look at all the techniques!!

Anonymous said...

Helen I love the canvas. I love the effects you managed to do with the paints.