Wednesday 10 February 2010

Brisbane Papercraft Festival

What an interesting, overwhelming, energising, tiring, fantastic experience the Brisbane Papercraft Festival was. As I mentioned earlier I had a wonderful opportunity at the last minute to sign up for a site which left me with less than 2 weeks to get some more stock, get myself organised and get down there. To add to the whole thing my air conditioner in my car decided now was the time to stop working and for some reason they can't source a part easily. Why I have no idea as it's not that old. Anyway my in-laws lent me their car which worked out better as theirs is a station wagon so I had much more room.

I left here on Wednesday and had to pick up some stock that I had sent directly to Brisbane. We were allowed in from 10am Thursday to 8pm for set up and a friends mum offered to help me so that was great. In the paperwork it said the area was classified as a construcion site and we all had to have safety vests and closed in shoes which I thought was a little funny but when we got there it made sence as they were still putting up the stands so we had forklifts and workman everywhere plus vehicles as you could drive right in and unpack.

Lucky for me I have very good friends who came to my rescue and helped me for the 3 days of the show, they are fantastic. We had a ball and it was lovely to meet so many crafty people and chat. On Saturday we decided to clear a little space down the end of the table and I demonstrated Darkroom Door stamps and Marvy Markers (a new line that was sent straight to Bris) for the next two days. It was so well received that we sold out of most colours of the markers and we were taking orders. If you were one of the people who either bought them or paid and ordered then I have to tell you the markers were a bargain. I forgot that Rachel said she would give me a better price on them (I went off the invoice price) and I priced them at $4.20 which is well below the recommended retail price. So think of it as a show special, thats what I'm doing.  If I had have remembered then I would have told people to expect the higher price when looking at the website.

We packed up on Sunday and I stayed the night and came home Monday. For the last couple of days I've been re-organising my stock and placing a few orders to restock.

Keep an eye out on the website in the next couple of days as I have access now to Hero Arts stamps so I'll be photographing them and listing them on Lorna Blue Studio plus a few other new lines that I managed to pick up. I really love the new stamps! So gorgeous.

Just starting to unpack.


Dianne in her safety shirt.


Most exhibitors do the circuit so they are really well organised.


Charlene and I.


Vicky filling up the gaps.


2 comments:

Linda M said...

It is so good to hear how successful you were in Brisbane, it sounds as if you had a fantastic experience, good on you for doing it on such short notice. Hopefully see you Sunday.

ann said...

It was my favorite stall great stock service and a group of gorgeous ladies.xxx Thanks for all your help