Thursday 27 August 2009

Alcohol



No not the sort you drink.....this is the Adirondack Alcohol Inks that I've been playing around with.

I have to admit when I first got these almost two years ago I thought to myself another thing to sit in the cupboard and for a while they did. Then I started to do a few backgrounds with them and now I find I'm really liking the effects I can get. Of course one of the things I had to get over was the whole control thing because no matter how precisely you try to repeat what you've done it comes out slightly different each time and I've learnt that that's a good thing. And if you really hate it then get out the blending solution and just remove it.

I have a friend you doesn't scrapbook (I know it's hard to believe) and when I'm frustrated from trying to get the "perfect" result or if I'm putting off finishing a page or card because I don't want anything less than fantastic I try to remember what she says to me......."get over it, it's just paper". I think there's something in that for all of us don't you?

1 comment:

Shandell said...

Your title got me attention!! LOL Your projects look great! Maybe you could do a demo at the next Simply Crafty day?!?!