Tuesday 26 August 2008

Craft Show


Well I've just spent 3 days at the Wide Bay and Fraser Coast Outdoor Leisure Expo plus a day to set up and I have to say I was very tired by the end of it. First of all when I booked and paid for a site the organisers were saying it was a leisure show with a stitches and craft show attached so I thought that's a great opportunity but then about a month away they started calling it a craft show and then they downgraded it in the advertising to a mini craft show (not that they rang me to tell me this, I just saw it on the TV). So to say I was disappointed with the amount of craft exhibitors is an understatement. Plus I've never been to the Maryborough showground before and the craft pavilion where they had us is one of the oldest so we had exposed beams, concrete floors and very little lighting (Malcom said it was rustic, I said I felt like we were in the poultry pavilion) whereas the other two had lovely floors and lights. When they asked me on Sunday afternoon if I'd come back next year I asked them if they would give me a big discount and of course they said I'd have to talk to someone else. Anyway it gave me an idea of how long it takes me to set up and what I would do different next time. I did talk to a lot of people and they were all very friendly so that was good.

2 comments:

Lelli said...

Helen,
Hope you have plenty of follow up sales after your exhaustive weekend.
Lorelle

Shandell said...

Your booth looks fantastic!! Shame it was such a disappointing event though.