Saturday 16 August 2008

Cake

I've just been to a card making class where we did four projects and one of them was this patty cake holder. Nicole baked 50 and then iced them in four different colours to match up with whatever stamp we chose for the front.

You'll notice I say patty cake not cup cake because growing up that's what we called them and I was a little annoyed a few weeks ago when I automatically said cup cake. Some times we can do without the americanised version of our language. Anyway the timing for the cake was perfect because tomorrows my birthday. Mind you Dad's wished me Happy Birthday twice now and I'm fully expecting another call tomorrow. He's been away traveling in his caravan and doesn't have his birthday book so he rang me on the 10th thinking it was then, but it wasn't so we had a chat. Then he rang yesterday full of good humour and birthday wishes but I had to say it's not until Sunday so we had a bit of a laugh about 3rd time lucky and so I'll wait for another call.
The cake however has run out of time as I'm about to make a coffee and eat cake.

3 comments:

Petrina McDonald said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Helen :) We used to call them "little cakes" ;)

Sandra L said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO H E L E N.....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

Hope you have a great day.
I also call them Patty Cakes Helen. But sometimes I call them Party Cakes. So not sure why, I think it is because I get a strange look when I say patty cakes. Sandra xxxx

*** Kylie*** said...

Hope you had a great birthday!!! :-) we also called them patty cakes... hehe...