Monday 22 August 2011

Embellishment and card swap.

I belong to the Simply Crafty group which is a scrapbooking - papercraft club that meets once a month at the Neighbourhood Centre.  We pay $6.00 to attend (and the air-conditioning in summer makes that money well spent) and we bring along a plate to share for afternoon tea and whatever you want to work on. It's a great group, very friendly and everyone is very supportive of each other.

We have been doing a few swap lately. It started off with embellishments and now we've had a few card swaps as well.

The embellishment theme this month was denim and after mucking around with a few things I decided on flowers as most of the group did. I went to Spotlight and bought a small piece of denim, added interfacing to the back of it and stamped a flower in Adirondack Snowcap white ink and then cut them out, doing two for each person as we had 10 in the swap. I'll post the group photos soon.





We had 6 people put their hand up for the card swap and the theme was a female birthday card. I decided to do a sort of "tone on tone" style. I'll do a tutorial for this one shortly as it seemed to be popular. You'll notice I used three different colours in my cardstock as I couldn't decide which one I liked the best. I also stamped a little of the design on the envelope just to co-ordinate it.



1 comment:

Linda M said...

Lovely card helen, I look forward to receiving the tutorial on your card Helen, then I will know what to do with my stamps when I get them.