Tuesday 19 July 2011

The Pyjama Foundation fundraiser

I just received this email and thought it sounded like a fantastic event to support.

This is the Wide Bay Pyjama Foundation major function for the year. Tickets to attend are on sale now $40.00 per person includes a smorgasbord lunch, fashion parade by Vovo Modelle, fashion, beauty and homewares displays, raffles and auction.


The Pyjama Foundation needs to sell 100 tickets – you are invited and please encourage friends and family to attend also. You can purchase tickets from me – Cressida on 0417761593 or by emailing me at cressida@thepyjamafoundation.com or at Nathans Boutique at 23 Targo St Bundaberg. I have also attached a poster for those who maybe able to print it and put it up in your workplace or on a noticeboard nearby in the aim to attract as many as possible.

Prizes – if anyone is able to donate a prize or knows of someone (including businesses) that I can approach for a donation for the auction please let me know ASAP.

Raffle - "Gift of Angels"
This painting ("Gift of Angels") is by local 14 year old Chern'ee Sutton and it reflects the great work The Pyjama Angels do for our young people. The raffle will be drawn at the Charity Fashion Parade. Tickets are $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00. You can purchase raffle tickets from me – Cressida on 0417761593 or by emailing me at cressida@thepyjamafoundation.com or at Nathans Boutique at 23 Targo St Bundaberg.

Gift of Angels
This painting is called “Gift of angels” and is dedicated to all the members of the “pyjama foundation”.

In my painting the hands and large balls represent the “Gift of Angels” which is given by you, the smaller orange and yellow dots represent the children you help. The gift you give does not only spread through them to others it is electrifying, passing again and again from every person it comes into contact with.

Now put on the glasses and see the elevated stance and outlook the children have on life, thanks to you.

I have just started to learn this new 3D technique from a local well known indigenous artist and elder, I hope you like my painting as this is the first 3D of many in an ever lengthening journey.

By Chern’ee Sutton
Age – 14 years.
Selling Price – Donated to the Pyjama Foundation June 2011.
Size – 50cm wide X 50cm high
Medium – 3D Acrylic and textured acrylic on canvas.


No comments: