Wednesday 22 June 2011

Brisbane Papercraft Show

This year I managed to get down to the Papercraft Show & Textile Expo held at the Convention Centre in Brisbane (sorry to anyone who went to the PCYC markets only to find I was missing).

It's funny when I downloaded my photos I had taken hardly any and yet it felt like I had taken lots. Anyway its a great way to lose 2 days and learn new things. I only did one class and that was booked on the day and funnily enough it was to make a "can can" scarf, when it gets a bit longer I'll show you (you can't get much done in 1 hour).

They had lots of fantastic displays and the scrapbooking I saw was almost 3D. They also had free half hour talks that you could sit in on which I did a couple of times.





A talk on art journals.

A competition piece for designing a sewing machine cover. Amazing to see up close.



From the textile expo - these were designed and made to fit in with a circus theme.

No comments: