Sunday 27 March 2011

ATC's and new cards

Well the closing date for the Trading Frenzy for our JAV ATC group is almost here and I've done two more to add to my cards.


I posted the instructions for how I've done this style a little while ago if you would like to see it.

You know how you buy items and bring them home really pleased with yourself and then they hang around for a little while as you think about how you'll use them. Then one day you're cleaning up your craft area and you decide to put them in a drawer with all the other similar products you have of that type.....lets say flowers and they languish there all but forgotten?

Do I do that? Of course I do! Anyway after fishing around in the "flower drawer" (plastic drawer not cupboard drawer) looking for something else I found a packet of three leather flowers that I bought .....ooh a long time ago and thougt to myself "this is the day you do something with these". So I made some cards.


I started off with a craft card then used the Darkroom Door Flourish stamp inked in white for the background. I cut a strip of white cardstock and stamped & embossed the saying from the
Hero Arts Messages stamp set. I put a gem brad in the middle of the flower and attached it to the cardstock and then used double sided tape to attach it to the card. 


A very similar card. I've just changed the saying and added a strip of self adhesive Paper Lace.


I've used Archival Jet Black ink to stamp the Flourish background and then stamped and embossed my saying and backed it with some black cardstock. I cut a strip of black cardstock for my stem and two leaves and added a gem brad to the middle of the flower then glued them to my card. I stamped a flower pot in white ink and cut it out and used Magic Mount to give it some height. 


For this card I've used a lavender card and attached a piece of embossed white cardstock on top. Then I've stamped and embossed the saying from Hero Arts Messages stamp set and cut around it closely before attaching it. 

The butterflies are from the Darkroom Door Butterflies stamp set and I've stamped them in Archival Jet Black ink and used Marvy Markers to colour them before cutting them out and attaching them.



For this one I've used a plum coloured card then silver on that then a pink card that has a Friends Definition stamped on it in Plum ink. From the Heart (one of the little $2 stamps that I sell at the markets) was also done in plum ink on pink card and backed by silver.

The lady is stamped on white cardstock then again on printed paper (you just want the dress part) and coloured in with Marvy Markers. Cut out the dress from the printed paper and glue over the original image. Glue down on the card and coat the balloons with Glossy Accents. The saying is raised by Magic Mount.

2 comments:

Linda M said...

These cards are beautful Helen, so creative.

ann said...

Lovely cards Helen !!!
I don't know whether you are into blog awards...if you are well there is one on my blog for you :)