Monday 13 April 2009

And the rain softly falls




Well after all it is Easter and a lot of people do go camping. Yes today it started raining, softly at first and now it's a constant downpour. That brings up all sorts of questions. Will I curl up on the lounge and read my new book? Will I go and make some cards with the new stamp set? Should I cut out and sew the new top with the material I bought a month ago when it was on sale? Oh I know, I'll update the blog. Then I'll think about what else I want to do.


Yesterday I was at the PCYC markets (thanks to everyone who dropped by) and the lady across from me decorates eggs. Her designs are lovely especially at Christmas and I couldn't resist buying one of her hanging eggs. This one is a cheaper one where she uses a printed design but it's still cute.


We have a few citrus trees in our backyard and the lime tree always produces a lot of fruit so I decided on Saturday to make some lime and buttermilk cakes, at the end you make a lime syrup and pour it over the hot cake and it soaks in, yum. It made a tray of muffin sized ones and five of these hearts shaped ones, plenty for us and the in-laws.


I have to admit this week wasn't a great one (just really busy and nothing going right) and to top it all off I lost some computer disc's that I really needed. I turned the house upside down trying to find them (lots of wasted time) and finally decided to leave it until after the weekend and if they hadn't turned up then I would have to order another one. And today the last day before I had to admit I was losing it they turned up, in the garage fridge! Yes I know the Forster crew it does remind you of mum doesn't it?


There is an explanation.........I had been around to my in-laws and they had given me our easter eggs to take home (this was Tuesday) and when I had arrived home I gathered everything together from the passengers seat and must have slipped them into the plastic bag with the eggs which I promptly put into the fridge in the garage. Then I continued to get the rest of the things out of the car and went inside. Now it wasn't until Wednesday I decided to use the discs at which point I couldn't find them. Cue much time wasting, head scratching and a little cursing.


The moral of the story? Don't leave it until 6 days later to open the chocolates!

No comments: