Thursday 4 December 2008

Gingerbread Men



Isn't it funny how we have certain food items at Christmas? I've made my fruit cake a couple of weeks ago but someone else will have to contribute the pudding as I've never tried to make one. It's one of those food memories from childhood that's associated with Mum (who made it look so easy) and even though I've helped her make one a few times my expertise was limited to flouring the pudding cloth and holding it while she tied it up.... oh and a bit of tasting the mixture when she wasn't looking. Fruit mince pies, stone fruit and real (homemade) shortbread are some of the other things that are good at this time of year.


We didn't have a lot of gingerbread growing up but I couldn't resist these cute little fella's when I saw them so they're available at Lorna Blue Studio for a short time.

1 comment:

Sandra L said...

Yes Gingerbread Men are Makayla's favourite snack. I will have to come and see you before end of next week.